3/4 union fitting on old rad, new rad thermostat won't fit

I think CW/ACW is the confusing thing here and that depends on how it's looked at.

Its more relative that the tape needs to be wrapped in the opposite direction to how the tail tightens into the radiator. The tail (thread) turns to the right (CW) to tighten into the tapping, so the tape needs to be wrapped onto the thread the opposite way.

Sponsored Links
Yup .... as it goes on the thread, it goes on away from you if you hold the tail with the thread on the right, that's, so when the tail is tightened in CW it's tightening against the tape.

Depends on what end you are looking at it from though. I'm right handed so I hold in my left and wrap with my right, as I look at it to me that's ACW.

View attachment 296406
edited to add pic
That's clockwise Madrab ,and exactly the way I do it !!

Sponsored Links
That's clockwise Madrab ,and exactly the way I do it !!
It depends on what end you look at it from :LOL:

what way is the tail turned to go into the rad? Is it turned clockwise or anticlockwise?? If it's turned clockwise to tighten it then the tape needs to go on the opposite direction ... doesn't it?? :unsure::LOL: That's the way I look at it.

+1 for that being clockwise :p
:p :p
Shut up you ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back