3 Amp Fuse to Heating keeps blowing, why?!!

lol - so there's no real/standard reason why the pump would just start to blow the fuse? just one of those things?

Sponsored Links
sorry mate feel like an idiot now!!!!

just did it and yes the pump works and the fuse did not blow this time!! so the pump is the victim then? why is this-whats the cause out of interest?

new pump time?... :oops: :(

You quoted the pump works? I guess thats a typo.

See FAQ on Pump change's. and why they blow.

Its had it, change it and have your heat restored.

Dave

if the pump works when you did the test then the pump has failed - usually rare for this to blow the fuse but replace it.

ok thanks will get it changed. why would the pump fail and blow a fuse though? i know they can seize, but to blow a fuse... whats the reason for this?

Sponsored Links
OMG, I've got to go out, you have a look............

images%3Fq%3Dcrystal%2Bball%2Bpicture&hl=en&usg=__N0lxaFVN-M7rLhmPqzc_A6oNyCA=&ei=EICxSdaFEdSzjAeLgc3xBQ&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=4&ct=image&cd=1

Water gets into the pump's motor widings (coil). The coil (stator) is normally sealed from the water - the bit that goes round (rotor) is in water,so there is some sort of sealing sleeve between the two. If water starts seeping , it causes a short in the coil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back