3 switches/2 lights and 2 switches/1dimmer/2 lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like a switch for some lights when I enter the bedroom, and then one switch either side of the bed so that either person in bed can switch the lights off (plus I would like another set of lights with a dimmer that can also be switched off with another set of switches by the bed). Is this possible - if so - how?

I am going to wire this in France, and over there they seem to have an item called a "telerupteur" that either sits in the consumer box or in a junction box - whose "state" is set by one of the switches.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
remote control switches ;) a godsend!

but seriously, here we have intermediate switches - they allow you to control a light with any number of switches, but you have to have 3 core and earth daisychained between all the switches. The sequence goes

2-way switch - intermediate - intermediate . . . intermediate - 2-way switch - junction box for light

If you want a dimmer in this sequence somewhere, it has to be in the place of a 2-way switch. And you can only have one per chain of switches.

I think what you need (in this country) is 3no. 2 module grid switch plates.

One at the door: 2-way dimmer and 2-way switch
One side of bed: 2no. intermediates
Other side of the bed: 2no. 2-way switches

Think you can figure out the wiring from "for reference"

Dont know what this telerupteur is, some sort of electronic gizmo/relay sort of thing?

Hi - thanks for that. The telerupteur sits at the consumer box (or they also do one that sits in a box in a wall) that as far as I can gather - controls the state of the switches. There are even "special" switches to control this module.

Sponsored Links
Back