38mm deep internal doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I'm looking at replacing 6 internal doors with those white 6 panel doors you see everywhere. But I am finding it difficult to find doors to fit. The current door depth is 38mm or 1.5inches but the ones I see on the internet seem to be 35mm or 40mm. Is it possible to get 38mm deep doors for a reasonable price and if so where? Or is the best option to get the fitter to replace or resite the stop blocks to accommodate thicker or thinner doors. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

To be honest you would be better of just levering off the door stop all the way round (these will just have a few panel pins spaced every 4-5 inches). I would recommend running a knife around both sides first to prevent the paint peeling too much.

Once you have them off put then to one side and fit the doors as normal, once the door is swinging close the door so the match is closed, push the door stops right up against the other side of the door and hammer some panel pins in, do this for both sides and the top to give you a nice fitting door without any bounce once it's closed.

Hope this helps

Glen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back