45A junction box. Where from and good idea?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly let me explain the current circuit

10KW shower - 10mm2 cable to 50A Pull Switch < 5m - 10mm2 cable to CU 16.5m - 45A MCB - 30mA RCD.

The problem is the one piece 16.5m 10mm2 cable is about 2-3 m short for a neat installation around the CU. it could do with a short section to be joined onto it to then run into the CU.

A) Is this a good idea? the junction can be hidden under floorboards, or exposed for inspection. is joining 10mm cable a good idea? the 16.5m length was the longest available at the last minute. it's well below the 25m i have since seen available

B) if it is ok, what do people recommend for joining such things? i know it's far from standard practice, but there must be an acceptably safe way of achieveing it.

Cheers

S

Sponsored Links
If you can replace the cable then that would be the best option. Failing that, a junction box that is kept accessible (not under floorboards) will do the job, just make sure you tighten the terminals up properly.

Sponsored Links
davy_owen_88 said:
...just make sure you tighten the terminals up properly.
... and keep the exposed conductors meticulously clean before you push them into the terminal blocks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back