4cm gap between bath and wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, As you can see from the title I have a very large gap between my bath and wall. The previous owner opted to glue a piece of plastic on top of the bath to block this. I believe that when the bath was used the movement eventually cause this to come undone.
There are plenty of fillers on the market that claim to fill large gaps but in my mind a gap this large may need something more that a bead of silicon.

http://imgur.com/AYLSF[/url]

Sponsored Links
If you can get the bath panel off and build a simple frame to support a strup of plastic again, then that would work fine. If it's too tight for space, then some no nails onto a bit of timber glued to the wall (wedge it in overnight until the glue sets) with the bit of plastic will probably be fine too.

Considered building the frame at the start but found that a pipe runs from the radiator along the bottom of the wall. Reckon thats why they just glued the plastic. Looks like some no nails and a piece of timber is the way to go. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
No way of building a step over or around that radiator pipe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back