78"x33" Bi-Fold Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OUr downstairs toilet is wide for wheelchair access.

Presently has a bui-fold door (as corridor is quit narrow and sink gets in the way of it opens inwards).

But the present door is knackered.... cannot find a reasonably priced one anywhere.

Everywhere I ask they say they have 78"x33" but niot bifold.

:(

Door has got like a weeks life in it....

getting desperate.

Sponsored Links
I have cut down many bi-fold doors but not wider, I can't see any reason to plant another 1 1/2" timber on both side, you'll have to work out the splindle location into the new position, I can't see why it won't work unless somebody can correct me on this.

Basically are you prepared to knock one up yourself like Masona says, or do you want an off the shelf door that will fit for a reasonable price?

Whatever you get will still need to be cut/planed to fit. If you aren't up to this yourself then get a joiner in or get in touch with a local joinery workshop, indicating that you 'don't want no fancy stuff'

Sponsored Links
I don't mind planing already fitted a few doors. Just every 33 inch I have found is mentally expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back