8mm tap tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
Could anyone help me out with a problem. I have purchased an Abode tap as part of an ex display kitchen. The tap didnt come with any tails and 10mm seem to large. I havent been able to find any others apart from 10 and 12mm. If anybody knows any different then any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you've only got M10 or M12.
take the tap to the merchants with you.

Tried that already, they just opened the packets to try both sized tails after I had already told them they were to large a thread. Then one of them dropped the tap on the counter in turn scratching the surface. Left them scratching their heads.
I believe the size might be a 3/8 thread. Not sure were I can source them. I do not want to resort to drilling and tapping an M10 thread as it will alter the flow. This tap is designed for a high pressure system.

Thanks

have you tried phoning the manufacturers of the tap etc ?

tried looking on the abode site they have tails ABODE

Sponsored Links
I have just found a telephone number for abode, hopefully they will be able to help me tommorow, not sure how continental (in regards to the 3/8 size) they are as the number has a Barnsley code.

Thanks for the advice and fingers crossed

they should be able to help if its their tap and you know what model name it is etc. ;)

I just checked my favourite place in the world, toolstation, and they only do the M10's and 12's.

I bought one of the cheaper taps from there (Barra Basin Mixer), since they work fine and I can't stand paying double figures for some designer thing that goes wobbly after a few months because it's sticking up a foot from the sink.

I actually opened the box on the desk and checked the instructions, since I wanted to buy some pushfit flexi-tails. It says something like, "All Barra taps use M12 threads", so I buyZ the M12's. A long and stressful day, plus the drive there and back, get home and think "Yeah! I'm going to get some stuff done tonight!", try fitting the tails.... nah... it's M10. Ffffffffffffff

Luckily toolstation don't mind you taking stuff like that back at all, and it's Barra's mistake, not theirs. And partially mine for trusting what the instructions said and not actually checking with the tape measure I'd taken, or trying to fit them on the desk (it was about 5 to 6, closing time).

Apart from that, I like the Barra taps. Cheap, look decent, work fine.

Yes you can get M8 tap tails.

Needed some ages ago, think I got a pair from Plumbase or somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back