8x2 flooring panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

In another thread, 8x2 foot flooring panels from b&q are mentioned in reference to loft flooring / boarding out.

We're desperate to get our loft sorted out so we can shove things out of the way ... to cut a long story short we have two babies and far too much junk! .... and I was wondering the following:

- Will using these boarding panels be cheaper?

- Will they fit ok through a loft hatch or is it tricky to manoeuvre them up there?Has anybody found this to be much of a problem?

- What kind of fixing materials would you suggest? Screws? Hammer and nails?

- What do you think to loft ladders? Are these reasonably priced and are they worth fixing in and having? At present we just have a decorators ladder.

Any other suggestions or bits of info would also be appreciated. The b*ggers who lived here before us told us the loft was boarded out when we came for a viewing ... they lied!

Many thanks

wits_end :confused:

Sponsored Links
- 8x2 is cheaper than the little panels

- I can't see your loft hatch from here

- Screws. If you hammer then you might crack your ceiling.

- Yes

Im about to board my loft. Du you know if you need to leave an "air gap" between the insulation and the loft board or can you pack the insulation right up to the loft board? :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back