A bit of advise with central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am i missing somthing with this central heating system.

The cylinder is indirect, fed off a back boiler, which looks fairly new.

doesn't have Immersion heater, theirs no cylinder stat, and i cannot see any sort of diverter valve for the hot water and central heating. the only thing i can see which is downstairs is the central heating pump, which doesn't seem to be running. And theirs an old style timer which fires up the boiler.

Their is however a room stat on the wall, which im presuming is from the old system, as nothing happens when its turned.

So hot water and central heating are on at same time, whats the best thing to do to get it running as it should?

Sponsored Links
A basic gravity system.

The pump is just for ch and will be activated by the room stat. The basic programmer turns the boiler on so you have to have hot water when the ch is on.

Check any fused outlets, the 3 amp fuse may have blown. Check the pilot light is alight, or there is a green light on heating demand if it is a newish electronic BB.

Check the timer is working.

You may need to take the fire front off to test how far the 230v is getting .

If its not been run for the summer then the pump is probably seized uo.

See FAQ to free it up.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back