A different ikea dishwasher door problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I'm really hoping some of you clever people can help me.
IKEA donated a load of ex-display appliances to a local charity shop and we bought some for our new kitchen.

Unfortunately the Rengora dishwasher came with no fittings to be able to attach an IKEA cover panel.
IKEA were unable to help at all. They pointed us in the direction of Electrolux who are the manufacturer. They didn't want to help at all as they only provide parts under warranty. Because we bought through a third party, there is no actual ikea warranty. Eventually they agreed to sell us the various screws to affix the door panel.
Unfortunately they didn't give us any instructions and won't give us any.
I have googled everything I can think of, but most people are having problems fitting a door panel to a non-IKEA appliance.
We have an IKEA one, with bits and pieces which DO NOT include any type of sliding hinge. There are some plastic and metal nut type things which look as if they would slide in grooves on the front of the washer.
There are also long screws which would hold the panel in place.
How can something be both screwed in, and slide at the same time? I don't want to start drilling holes until I know exactly what I am doing but I have been getting nowhere.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
show us photos of the front side and top of the door, and any fittings.

Thinking of older appliances I have had, there is often a frame or channel that is screwed to the door and the décor panel slides into that. It can be U-section or L-section and there may be screws you can loosen to adjust it for thickness of the panel.

More modern integrated appliances have had a 2-piece fixing, where one part screws to the appliance and one to the panel, and they slot together.

I am guessing yours is an integrated appliance though you don't say so.

Have you downloaded the installation instructions? You will need the model name and number. It is easier with Bosch as they have exploded diagrams on their online parts directory.

Thanks John. Will get photos later of both fittings and front of d/w. And yes, it is integrated. Forgot to mention that bit. The installation is not a problem as far as the plumbing and electric side of things. It's just the cover panel which is the problem.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Sponsored Links
It looks to me as if the White plastic round nuts go into the channel on the top sides of the door. They do fit. And the other screw pictured with the White plastic looks as if it fits into the small channel at the bottom above the long channel. Again, it fits there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back