A rated windows - must have BFRC sticker ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

We are just in the process of having some windows fitted to our house.

It's an A rated system we ordered, but, it appears the frame (whs halo) has come from one company & the glass from another. A sticker on the glass does state Planithern, 20mm swiss v spacer bar etc.

The window fitters are then assembling the window here.

Am i right in saying this cannot be BFRC certified ? Should i be concerned ?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
No need to worry. The glass is always made by another company (Planitherm/Pilkington, etc) and then assembled into whatever frame (Halo, Selecta etc).

If you've got a Planitherm window with a swisspacer you've got a good sealed unit.

You don't get BFRC stickers on glass or frames, a certificate is usually printed in the back of the Halo brochure if you were given one but honestly don't worry, the most important thing is the windows are fitted snug and well.
:D

No need to worry. The glass is always made by another company (Planitherm/Pilkington, etc) and then assembled into whatever frame (Halo, Selecta etc).

If you've got a Planitherm window with a swisspacer you've got a good sealed unit.

You don't get BFRC stickers on glass or frames, a certificate is usually printed in the back of the Halo brochure if you were given one but honestly don't worry, the most important thing is the windows are fitted snug and well.
:D

Cheers for that - The frame was made by a company up north (Trade Frame) & then the sealed glass unit was made my a local company here down south. The fitters here then assembled the two together.

I guess you hear so many horror stories that there is always a little niggle in the back of your mind.

Sponsored Links
If you have asked for A rated then the frames must have a fixed label somewhere on each frame stating the rating and license number for said frame package.

To achieve any window rating the frame and glass need simulation's-be it Certass, Fensa, Bsi, BFRC to name a few and then the company will be issued a rating based on that configuration.

If you have no rating or certificate then all the company can do if prove conformity to current regs.
Sorry to muddy the waters but there seems to be a lot of miss-information about Window Ratings.

If you bought a window from elsewhere and you buy the glass from me, I can tell you what the rating would be, although you couldn't give it a rating label.

PS the label is normally inside a casement...

Cheers Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back