A tip for how to remove tar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Buy eucalyptus oil from your chemist. Dab this onto stained area using kitchen roll. Really does remove tar stain! Especially good on carpets.

• Thanks
Reactions: LCO
Sponsored Links
Lesley14 said:
Buy eucalyptus oil from your chemist. Dab this onto stained area using kitchen roll. Really does remove tar stain! Especially good on carpets.

Just registered on this site because of this post . Lesley thank you it REALLY works

Sponsored Links
Like cherietrifle, I too have just registered with this site simply to submit a post about my experience. This solution is astonishingly effective! I had already tried two other ideas for working on the tar stain on my beige carpet, but had in the process only smoothed the tar even deeper into the nap. Yikes! It was a black stain approx. an inch around, in the middle of an open area of carpet. (Note: beware what can end up on the wheels of your luggage after it has been set onto airport tarmac).
I dropped enough eucalyptus oil onto the stain to soak it, then pressed a paper towel into it. It immediately began to work, and with some more rubbing and a bit more oil, the entire stain disappeared...using only one paper towel! I am *absolutely* thrilled and delighted. Thank you so much, Lesley14!!

I too have just joined to say that eucalyptus oil works a treat. £1.45 from the chemist - a bargain!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back