Aavantaplus control systems - a question for Bigburner

As far as I am aware they are not selling them yet so I have to supply my own!

Tony

Sponsored Links
on the avantas when you wire the controls to the pcb board it has 2 connections for the cylinder stat and for the heating stat. when only the hot water stat calls for heat and the diverter valve comfirms that hot water only is being heated then it runs at the maximum temp that you have set the boiler at. if the controls call for both heating and hot water or heating only then it relies on the weather compensation.
Doesn't this only applies to HW and CH controls connected to the X9 block? These would appear to control the valve connections on the X5 block; so when HW is called X5/2 goes live and when CH is required X5/3 goes live. In both cases the boiler is 'turned on' from X9, not from X5.

But the Avanta boiler can also be controlled from 230V switching via X2. If X2/1 is live CH is on and if X2/3 is live HW is on. (If X9 control is used X2/1 and X2/3 are permanently linked to a live supply at X2/4).

The question then arises - what happens if CH is controlled from X9 and HW from X2? Will the boiler always run at MAX when HW is called via X2/3, even when CH is also required; or will the signals from the weather compensator at X9/1&2 take priority and lower the flow temp?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back