Accenta G3 all PIRs not on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of the zone keep turn on the alarm randomly. Tested with chime and it did turn on when no movement.
Replaced guardall m2 pir with honeywell is312. Initially it lights up. After fitting the cover, now the PIR does not turn on.
Worst thing is all PIRs no longer show lights when I walked past. Check the all 4 fuses, all are ok. Battery still ok as I turn the power off and no alarm sound.
When I set the code, all zones red light in the key panel light up.

The capacitor on the right seems like burning sign on the right. Is it the time to replace this given the warantee expiry is 2008! ? If yes, what options do I have?

20230801_172720.jpg

Sponsored Links
I use a multimeter, circuit test from both ends (black on one end and red from the other end).
All show connectivity.

Take the fuses out (with the power off)then test them.

Also looks like the circuit board has had a burn activity by LK21

Sponsored Links
Wow, you are right, F3 was damaged. Replaced it and it works again!

Check battery output voltage with battery disconnected. Battery charging circuit may be faulty or damaged due to control panel having faulty battery or is faulty.

I installed the PIR without disconnecting the power. Probably it accidentally short when I rewiring the PIR. Never figured out how to disarm the panel completely. Is that possible to remove the battery without triggering the external siren?
Anyway, after replacing the new PIR and blown fused, the problematic zone no longer on randomly when there is no movement. I tested that by turning on the chime on that zone.

The burnt resistor is on the battery charging circuit. This would suggest that you had a faulty battery at some stage to cause that damage or your battery is faulty.
Disconnect battery and what is the voltage on the battery leads ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back