Accessible junction boxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

If i were to put downlights in my house. I would like to wire them in the way shown in the second pic on this page, using junction boxes.

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/lightcircuit.htm

However how do you get around them being accessible? is it ok to say there accessible from the floorboards above? even though the floors will be carpeted?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use choc block encased in choc boxes, the choc boxes provide the strain relief to the wireing and can be pulled through the downlight holes

or you could use 5a small junction boxes...which will also pull through, depending on the size of the hole.

Interesting solutions there, another problem is that the building regs want me to put insulation in the ceiling between floors any ideas for this and downlights - ive seen those expensive light covers and the cost of them make it impractable!

Sponsored Links
Insulation+ recessed lighting & transformers do not mix!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back