Acrylic Bath Tub vs Steel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a steel bath-tub. I'm looking to upgrade the tub with a L one with a shower enclosure. But most of the L shape ones I can find all seem to be acrylic. BathStore sells them and they claim to have lifetime guarantee but I am always a little worried about acrylic tubs and worry that they can crack and have hairline cracks leaking. Can anyone with experience in this field advise? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I assume that steel baths are pressed.
I also assume that an L shape would be very hard to do in steel?

you can get very strong, thick plastic baths in Carronite. They are a bit expensive and heavy. There are a couple of similar brands.

Get a strong, matching panel at the same time. The flimsy plastic ones crack quickly and it can be hard to find one that fits, after a few years.

https://www.carronbathrooms.com/bath-range

Sponsored Links
Most acrylic baths these days are absolutely fine. It's all in the installation. If it's installed badly and not supported properly then it will crack and leak. Just get a good plumber to install and he should properly support it on at least 3 sides.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back