acrylic or caulk?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the difference between acrylic and decorators caulk?
Also whats the best for sealing doorframes/skirtings?

Sponsored Links
dazzadwm said:
Whats the difference between acrylic and decorators caulk?
Also whats the best for sealing doorframes/skirtings?

They are both the same and designed for painting when dry. we use this for sealing/ filling gaps between wall and skirting etc. interior and exterior as long as it's painted after. Get it from decorator centre's hurst, brewers etc. I use box's of cow dorning geocell decorators caulk. ok

Silicone for sealing against weather and is not to be painted.

cow dorning :confused:

Been on the Stella's again Jon? :LOL:

Dont bother with the Mangers brand caulk...its like most of their products...sh*te!

In my bathroom there is a 3-4 mm gap between the skirting board and the floor tiles. Should I use caulk to fill in this gap?

J

Sponsored Links
I would probably seal these with silicone to prevent water ingress. Remember as has been said though you can't really successfully paint silicone.

Id go for cualk...but make sure you paint it after it has cured for about a week...if you do it too soon you could end up with cracks in it.

Zampa said:
cow dorning :confused:

Been on the Stella's again Jon? :LOL:

Dont bother with the Mangers brand caulk...its like most of their products...sh*te!

:oops:
dow now brown dow :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back