Add wireless/Ricochet to Premier 48?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a metal box Premier 48 that I installed in 2010 in my house. It is not an Elite.

The panel is runnning v8.15 firmware. I have 2 PC-COM interfaces connected, which connect to my home automation software, and also Wintex. It all works well.

I have 4 keypads and 4 expander boxes (8-XP) connected, and I am using 30 zones. I have water leak detectors, and the Texecom 12v smoke detectors connected in which is why so many zones.

I'd now like to a few wireless devices, smoke detectors and possibly shock detectors.

Looking to the future, I'd like to connect the panel to my LAN, and possibly change to the 88 zone version to give me the 2nd "Network", more Keypads, and more areas.

However, to do wireless now I believe I would need to upgrade the firmware to version 9, and then replace one of the expanders with an 8XP-W wireless version. This expander would give me the same 8 hard wired inputs and outputs, but also add the Ricochet capability so I can add the wireless devices.

Does that sound correct? Are there any other options to consider?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
The wireless expander do not have any wired zone connections,they are wireless only
Richochet expander are 8 or 32 zone expander
You will need a elite 168 if you want 2 exp bus lines
You can use wireless devices on v8.15 firmware,but could have issues with the app connection over lan.

Thanks HandymanJo - good catch, I hadn't spotted these expanders are wireless only.

Can I add the 8 or 32 zone expander to my existing system? I already have 4 8XPs which is the maximum. Or would I have to remove an existing 8XP?

Next question:- The Texecom Ricochet OH-W Wireless Smoke and Heat Detector (GBN-0001) says it is compatible with the Elite panel. Does that mean it is not compatible with my Premier panel?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can put a ricochet exp on your panel and enroll any ricochet device to it. The ricochet exp has a legacy mode which means it will work with older non elite panels. To go to 88 for twin network you need to change the panel PCB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back