Adding a towel rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to remove the radiator from the bathroom and replace with two chrome towel rails. The rad is presently connected to 10mm copper tube. I plan to connect to 15mm cpper tube and branch off to feed both towel rails. I can not access the the pipes that feed the 10mm pipes. What do you think of this plan?

Sponsored Links
So your just going to have 2 blanked tails sticking up from the rad you remove?

Honestly 90% of the time its just not worth doing jobs yourself that your not sure of. You end up costing yourself a fortune in bits because you get them from B&Q, it never looks like a professional job and when it all goes t*ts up you call us out anyway.

I am planning to cut the 10 mm pipes under the floorboards and join onto 15mm pipes, which I will then branch off to feed both towel rails. Is it ok to go from small to bigger bore pipes and is it ok to feed both rads off the same pipes?

So you will have 2 10mm tails cut under your floor, which you then want to add 15mm tails too then branch off that to pick up 2 rads?

If thats the case you are wasting your time. You need to get back to the 22 or 15 that the old 10mm tails come off and start from there.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back