Adding Fernox DS40 to system via magnetic filter chamber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planing to use Fernox DS40 to clear out a microbore blockage. I can't use the one of those funnel things for radiators as the radiators are quite narrow and do not have the type of bleed valve where you can screw in the funnel.

The heating system is closed, but it does have a MagnaClean filter installed. Can I take a rough guess as to what the total volume of the central heating loop is and then put the required amount of DS40 power into the MagnaClean chamber?

My concern is that when the water first mixes with the powder, it will form a very concentrated acid initially which may cause damage to the CH system.

Sponsored Links
Need a bit more info as in what system you have and why you think there,s a blockage.
Whats the symptoms.

DS40 will not clear a blockage if there is no flow DS40 cant clear it, if you have poor flow it might help

Sponsored Links
It's a Valliant boiler with microbore pipes. All the radiators work fine apart from one. That one radiator takes far longer to heat up and when it does, it is only warm whereas the other radiators are hot. Rebalancing the radiators did not help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back