adding radiators to loft combi system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi is there any problems with adding radiators to the loft on a sealed combi boiler system. I no with a vented system it can be a problem due to the header tank not being high enough.

Sponsored Links
Will be OK, but more than likely need to re-balance system afterwards.

How many are you adding? Be aware that main runs of pipework from boiler, usually 22mm, can only distribute so much heat. For the 22mm, it will be OK for approx 38,000BTU or 40KW. If the pipes that you are extending to the loft from existing rad circuits are already up to the limit, you may need to make changes.

Thanks, what kind of radiator/s would I require for a attic 4.7meters long, 5.2 meters wide and 2.7 high at the highest point (roof is pitched)?

How many are you adding? Be aware that main runs of pipework from boiler, usually 22mm, can only distribute so much heat. For the 22mm, it will be OK for approx 38,000BTU or 40KW. If the pipes that you are extending to the loft from existing rad circuits are already up to the limit, you may need to make changes.

You sure about that ;)

Sponsored Links
Is well within the heat output of 22mm as there is only 5 radiators on the system so far. I'll use the rad calculator could you give me a rough idea what size rad/ btu output I will likely need as the calculator many not be too accurate with it having a sloping roof and no option for an attic space on the calculator.

You sure about that ;)

22Kw :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back