Adding socket to existing socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a double socket in my bedroom cupboard, it was for wall mounted tv but now I have moved the tv I need to add another double socket approx 1m away from the first one. This is off a ring in the attic and dropped down and back up to this ring. So can I just keep this socket and add an extra single cable to the new socket or fit a blank faceplate and wago it with the single run to the new socket or rip it all out and run a new drop from above ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it is on a ring you can add a spur to it. Won't it look as bit odd just having a socket or even blank plate in the middle of the wall?

Is this a case of not wanting to rip it out and start again as you don't want all the fuss?

If it is on a ring you can add a spur to it. Won't it look as bit odd just having a socket or even blank plate in the middle of the wall?

Is this a case of not wanting to rip it out and start again as you don't want all the fuss?
No existing socket is in a cupboard I just asked what would be recommended as if up in the attic it means up and down to catch the ring as next socket on the ring is in another cupboard in the next bedroom
Thanks

Sponsored Links
O sorry so the TV was fed from the Cupboard, so just run a spur to the new position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back