Additional Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After a bit of advice guys, house with a system boiler and gravity fed hot water, has central heating to most of the rooms apart from two bedrooms, which are adjacent to each other, want to add a radiator in both these rooms.

Will be replacing some of the radiators downstairs so a good time to do it, was thinking of lifting the floor boards in both rooms and trying to fine a suitable point in landing/bathroom or other bedroom, whichever is nearest to tee into the existing flow and return and run new pipe work to the new radiators.

What things do I need to take into consideration? My worry is that the boiler will not be 'man' enough to run an additional two radiators. Is this likely to be a problem? If so whats the easiest way of working out if the boiler will be up to the job?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
redhotferrari first from some rad schedules work out what the present load is then allow for hot water then see if your boiler has some spare capacity ie enough to do your extra two rooms obviously you will have to calculatr what the heat requirement for those are

Bit more info for you guys on this one,

Boiler is a Potterton Netaheat 10-16

There are three large radiators in a reception room that I will be changing for Vertical column radiators

Other radiators in house are as follows:
1600 x 700 single
1400 x 600 Single
1400 x 750 single
1800 x 750mm singe
440 x 450mm single
500 x 400 Towel rail
1800 x 400 towel warmer - Vertical
1100 x 750mm single

Would be looking to add a radiator to the other two bedrooms approx sixe would be 1400 x 600mm in each.

Dont know how to wotk this out, anyone able to advise if this will be OK?
As in my original post will be OK to tee of a suitable point under the floorboards for the flow and return into the new radiators?

All visible pipework is 15mm, assume that when the floorboards are up the main runs will be in 22mm.

Hope you are able to advise.

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back