ADT Alarm keeps in Beeping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am in a new house and . Sky engineer came for Broadband installation. He touched few wires and alarm is beeping continuously beeping.

It is ADT and on Key pad it is cp038 grade 3 class 2 .

I do not have any code to disable the beeping.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
yash

Sponsored Links
The alarm is most likely a Galaxy G2 series which will have a metal control panel located somewhere in your home (normally in a cupboard). The phone line is connected and monitored for voltage. The engineer disconnected the phone line and the panel has registered the fault.

If you don't have the code, and have tried the default 1234, then all you can really do is either get someone in, or if technically competent with electrics, open the metal case, override the tamper switch by replacing the top screw and power cycling the unit (mains and internal battery at the same time).

If the panel is out of contract and you want help in getting it going again, just PM me.

I just cut the wires going out from the keypad and the keypad is off now. Beeping stoped. Just want to check if there can be any issues ? Issues with electicity or something ?

It's low voltage (12V), so would maybe blow a fuse at the control panel if you shorted the power cores. You probably don't have an external sounder, so shouldn't have any problems there. You could also just pull the fuse on the spur near the panel just to remove power totally. If you have an internal SAB siren, you may need to remove its battery too.

Sponsored Links
Actually i think there is no fuse box in my house, atleast i couldn't find one. looks like the wiring has not been touched since long time now.

I got ADT little instrument in every single room and kitchen . The keypad is downstairs near the main door. can't figure out where the power supply is.

Does every single (ADT little instrument) is to be with power supply ? or there will be only a single point of power to the whole circuit. any reference link where i can check all these please ?

Regards

Actually i think there is no fuse box in my house, atleast i couldn't find one. looks like the wiring has not been touched since long time now.
Not knowing where your fuse box (or equivilent) is or worse still not having one at all (such is unlikely but not undeard of) is a major problem in itself. I would strongly advise you to put some serious effort into finding out what is going on with your electrics before something goes wrong rather than waiting until stuff does go wrong.

Do you know where your electricity meter is? if so have you tried following the wiring from it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back