Advertising 2009

Sponsored Links
i am really enjoying the peace and quiet of using a mobile which is not advertised. (actually nothing is advertised not a penny is spent on advertising here.)

Anyway it occured to me that should I need to advertise once more I would just use the local paper and only put the landline in working entirely off the answerphone. That way I wouldn't ever have to talk to the people who phone your advertised number to con you into something or get you to advertise through them. Genuin customers will wait for your response. Once a customer proves worth having you could give them your mobile number.

My mobile never rings with nuicances at all, the only people who have the number are family and very trusted customers.

It is a wanderful sense of freedom to know that every time it rings it is a worthwhile phone call.

I have done it the other way, all that successfulk advertising does apart from costing you the earth is attract conmen like a neodinium magnet.

Sponsored Links
Plenty of interesting views there (as usual).

MW the 60% turnover from advertising brings in around £90k of the total cash turnover for the year - now this seems a good return on £3200 worth of advertising.

My point was really to find out how all the others advertise (or not). I am a ludite and have generally been very inimaginative re advertising in the past. Some good ideas thrown up especially web pages etc.

As someone said I think we need to think carefully on a strategy this year and spend money wisely, but I would also like to advertise to a wider market.

One day hopefully I won't need to advertise - trouble is at the moment i feel damned if i don't and damned if i do (or is that the other way round?:eek:

Back