Advice for bathroom walls Aquapanel vs Elements board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm renovating the bathroom in my new house and I bought some water resistant boards (Knauf aquapanel) for the splash heavy areas like the shower, but online I have been seeing a lot of people using the Abacus Elements foam waterproof tiling boards.

Which is better? does anyone have experience of using both?

Sponsored Links
The elements style (wedi) boards are better for various reasons, but more expensive.

Kerdi is another one to consider. The primary benefits are the speed of install, weight saving, ease of cutting and it produces no dust - once you have put the banding on its 100% watertight. Plus the guidelines are useful and you can create features like niches and benches easily - it's a very flexible system when used properly.

Both can be used to meet the same end though, I would prefer the KERDI massively, just read the documentation so you know how the system is meant to be implemented - but it really is down to your appetite for effort vs cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back