Advice needed on New, reputable boilers and Gas safe

we have gone from boilers that lasted 35 to 40 years and more which required no more than a T/couple ,gas valve and a T/stat, to piles of s***te full of so called "technology" lasting 3 years or less,

:eek:

Not only that, but with space-age technology and materials, these new, "advanced" boilers, apart from water/oxygen related issues, they should perhaps last 100 years?[/u]

Exactly , Joe public will pay a heavy price for all this high tech in year's to come , built in obselecence spring's to mind , rip off on spare's ect ect , pollution ??? it has only been moved , the country is probably drowning in acidic condensate , more raw material's being used to replace boiler's
that have failed after a few year's , more spare's ect ect , diesel van's charging around the country repairing boiler's , & it will get worse !!!!

You mentioned gas safe in your original post ??? perhap's the safest boiler on the market was ?? or is the ravenheat CSI primary A boiler ???
believe it or not ???

Sponsored Links
Ravenshitte condenser, million panel screws to hold front panel in shape, took one out 3 years old, 10 manufacturers leaks, blown pcb crossed thread on top of diverter from new, fitted by Shirtfront with our taxpayers money, I refused to touch it when it was only a year old as you could see it was crap, -8 outside, I phoned Raveshite for the 88 year old dear and asked them how much they would charge her for them to come and repair it, I was told and I quote "WE ONLY DO WARRANTY WORK" after 12 months they dont give a toss, wouldn't give them the drippings from my nose.

Ravenshitte condenser, million panel screws to hold front panel in shape, took one out 3 years old, 10 manufacturers leaks, blown pcb crossed thread on top of diverter from new, fitted by Shirtfront with our taxpayers money, I refused to touch it when it was only a year old as you could see it was crap, -8 outside, I phoned Raveshite for the 88 year old dear and asked them how much they would charge her for them to come and repair it, I was told and I quote "WE ONLY DO WARRANTY WORK" after 12 months they dont give a toss, wouldn't give them the drippings from my nose.

:D Would not disagree at all , think the newer one's have a 3 year warranty now , they are carp , but than again csi primary A , might still be the safest boiler on the market , look in my profile , that is what condensing can do to raven's ally secondary heat exc !!!!!
donated a couple like this to a training centre :)

Nice photo's ;) my Isar HE doesn't look like that or any other of my customers ally HE's, whats gone wrong with that one, other than it's Ravenshite, who will obviously be world leaders and strongest best selling makers in europe blah blah ad nauseum..................

Sponsored Links
Nice photo's ;) my Isar HE doesn't look like that or any other of my customers ally HE's, whats gone wrong with that one, other than it's Ravenshite, who will obviously be world leaders and strongest best selling makers in europe blah blah ad nauseum..................

Probabbly because your custumer's boiler's are not condensing 18 hr's a day 7 day's a week , those heat exc's were approx 18 month's old give or take , & would have been constantly condensing , never out the condensing mode !!! replacement heat exc's were from one supplier £520 or another quote £386 !!!!

Sounds awfully not fit for purpose.

Poor design from a carp manufacturer , put me off useing ally heat exc's , only use stainless steel , although they are bolted together , u would never get them back together , & water tight if u took them apart !!! that is why they do not sell the seal's / gasket's as a spare !!!
piped one out of the boiler on another install recently !!! I beleive the same item is used on raven's energy catcher product , I believe that alot of boiler's that use ally heat exc's would not cope with constant condensing 24/7 ??? something that rarely happen's in most install's ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back