Advice needed re wallpapering and painting pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - posted a few times about a year ago and everyone was really helpful with advice so back for some more! Have just finished having extension built and now loads of decorating to do. In one room am planning to have wallpaper on 'feature' wall - as walls in the old part are not great was going to cross line. Previously used 1000 (I think!) grade lining paper in other parts of house and once I got used to it, it was fine. As I'm papering on top presumably would be okay to use lighter weight lining paper?

Second question! - have lots of exposed pipework from new rads and would like them to blend it as much as poss with painted walls. Should I paint first with metal primer/undercoat (can you get a combined one) and then use same emulsion as on walls or would I need oil based top coat, eg satinwood.

Would appreciate any advice - many thanks Ronnie

Sponsored Links
Never paint with emulsion or anything water based:eek: satinwood etc. won`t need a prime or u/c. just degrease with white spirit on rag and then dry rag

Hi Ron..in answer to your questions...

Yes....and, yes.

If its copper then really its should have a calcium plumbate primer before applying any other topcoats.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for replies - I will go ahead taking note of advice here! Ronnie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back