Advice needed re which Vaillant boiler to get please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. I'm replacing an old Vokera Linea 28 boiler, and will prob go for a Vaillant given generally favourable reviews on this forum and the fact that I already have an Ecomax which functions well (our flat has 2 boilers)...Although positioned downstairs (outside in a shed if that's important), this boiler has to do the upstairs of our flat - 3 bedrooms, lounge, en-suite bathroom and another bathroom which currently has an electric shower. 7 radiators in total.

Would an ecotec 24/28 be sufficient or would I need something more like an 824/831? The Vokera seemed fine in terms of our usage needs. Any suggestions would be great.

Sponsored Links
The 24 should be more than adequite however i would go with the 28 to make sure and change to the Baxi Duo Tec.

Thanks - so you're saying that if I go for the Vaillant I should go for the 28, but that you recommend I go for the Baxi Duotec 28 instead? I note it has a best buy recommendation from Which magazine.

Would never advise less than 28kw if running a shower on it. The 31kw will be more than ample and the ch output can be adjusted according to the system requirement

Sponsored Links
Baxi Duotec is like buying the ford focus. Middle of the road but critics, consumer surveys etc love it.

In my opinion the Duo Tec is a far superior boiler for future works, IE servicing and repairs. It comes with a 2 year parts and labour garantee and in 3 years i have not been back to one that i have installed for any faults at all.

Again its all about opinions when it comes to boilers but i bet the Baxi is a few hundred cheaper than the Vaillant equivalent as well.

Out of the above, I would always go for the 831.

Brilliant boiler, crap company and staff behind it though.

Forget the 28.

In my opinion the Duo Tec is a far superior boiler for future works, IE servicing and repairs. It comes with a 2 year parts and labour garantee and in 3 years i have not been back to one that i have installed for any faults at all.

Again its all about opinions when it comes to boilers but i bet the Baxi is a few hundred cheaper than the Vaillant equivalent as well.
Agree the baxi is very reliable, cant say iv ever had to attend a breakdown on one

Would never advise less than 28kw if running a shower on it. The 31kw will be more than ample and the ch output can be adjusted according to the system requirement

Running an Electric Shower will make no Odds to a Combi what so ever.

I was under the impression from the original post that the OP was going to change the electric shower. I may have misread it lol

Running an Electric Shower will make no Odds to a Combi what so ever.

sorry, post not clear. 1 bathroom has a bath with electric shower, the other has a normal, mains-connected shower.

Id still go for the 28KW simply because if someone is in the electric shower then it still wont affect the Thermostatic.
It used to be a problem when Washers and Dish Washers were Hot and Cold Fed but 95% of them are now Cold fed only which again does not affect a Combi.

thanks for all the comments guys.

so, assuming i stick with Vaillant, there's some disagreement about whether to stick with the ecotec pro 28 plus 8 or the ecotec plus 831. from a quick search the 831 is a quite a lot more expensive, coming in at about £940, 25% more....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back