Advice on a table

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I am new to this and wondered if anybody could give me advice on a table I purchased at a car boot sale. I have just sanded it down as it had quite a lot of scratches and marks on it (now it feels like a baby's bum)and don't quite know what to do next. Do I buy wood stainer of my preferred colour, paint it on, let it dry, then varnish it? Thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links
I think this is one of those questions to which there are lots of possible solutions. Yes you could stain then varnish. You could get coloured varnish. You could wax it, oil it or french polish it. I'd go to the library and have a look at a woodworking book to see what sort of finishes you could apply. It also depends on the use to which the table will be put of course.

Hi,

I would sand down a section of the underside of the table (if viable to do so) and try different finishes on it. That way you should find a preferred finish and it will not affect the table top.

Regards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back