Advice on extension please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. We are in the process of buying a new house and have fallen in love with one in particular, but would like to extend if possible.
It already has a side extension, which is bedroom 4/family room and the utility room. We have asked the vendor and they said that when they did the extension, they paid extra so that the foundations were ok to build another floor.
If this is correct, what would be a very rough price for building another floor making bedroom 2 a bit bigger, with an ensuite and another bedroom. would be somewhere in the region of 14 square meters.
From what I've read the rough cost here in the south east would be £1000 - £1500 per square metre is that correct, or would it be less as I already have the foundations?
Just a rough guess would be most helpful. I have attached a floorplan, Thanks for your time.
//media.diynot.com/127000_126433_78751_45120292_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
It is unlikely to be any less because of the roof issues i.e. one will need removing and another building.
Logistically a second storey is harder to build than a ground floor building.
You may also have the headache of protecting from the weather what is currently within the ground floor structure like electrics etc.
An upstairs knock-through will also need factoring in.

Thanks for your replies. so I should budget £15000 - £20000?
Would that be a good estimate? This would all be subject to planning permission of course.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back