Advice on replacing 2 boilers please

Thank you all so much. I am now going round to the house tonight and will take some pics to post here this evening.
Be sure to check back y'all......

Sponsored Links
OK, looks like I might not need help now as the owner is gonna take it off the market and rent it out.......seesh!

Anyhow, after telling me that, they then thought it "....unnecessary for me to take pics"!

The 2 boilers are:

Glow-Worm Fuel Saver MK II
Glow-Worm Ascot 1.45 (which I think is the water heater).

They're gonna tell me for sure by next week.

Thanks for your interest, guys.

feulsaver is boiler ascot is a multipont water heater,

REplace with one combi boiler

Sponsored Links
If it's the old Ascot I'm thinking of, make sure you knock him down well on price, as you will need a brickie in to brick up the wall where it was, as the internal skin of the wall is absent due to the ascot being in it :eek:

And half the heater is asbestos :(

Dave that ascot sat on the wall its a 815? that was sunk into the wall with asbestos.
Going to be the death of me chopped out loads as an apprentice , no mask and under worktops.
cough cough :cry: :cry: neva mind

feulsaver is boiler ascot is a multipont water heater,

REplace with one combi boiler

Depends. How many baths/shower/etc? A:

1. Atag 51 kW combi,
2. Ethos 54C combi,
3. Rinnai Twinflow.

The CH boiler is actually an Atag bought in. Rinnai do the multi-point part and package it all up.

You seem to be missing the point!

This is a potential landlord with cash to invest and he wants to pick up this property cheap because it is a distressed sale.

He will be using flown in cheap labour from Afghanistan etc. They work for £20 per day! He wants the cheapest boiler that he can find and would probably have a Heatline 32 kW at the end of the day if he was able to buy it.

Tony

Sounds like overkill to me and probably too over budget for the average man.

Pay attention at the back!!!

It is around 23/24 litres/min and never runs out of DHW. It delivers just under 700 litres of DHW in 30 minutes. A 700 litre cylinder takes well over an hour to reheat. Compare the price of a ridiculous 500 litre unvented cylinder (the largest volume you can have) and a powerful quality system boiler. Seen the size of a 700 litre cylinder? No contest the ATAG combi wins hands down on all points.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back