Advice on replacing an outside Pir sensor light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need advice on wiring in a new outside light, the cable running from the house has 4 wires -
Brown
Yellow Green
Grey with blue tape on
Black with brown tape on
The new light has a 4 slot cable connector -
One slot has a red wire oneside with a brown wire on the other
The remaining 3 slots are connected to blue, yellow green and black wires
I can connect the earth wire and neutral wire to the blue and yellow green slots but where do I connect the remaining two wires as only one slot left
I have included pictures of the 2 wiring circuits plus the wiring diagram for the new light, I would appreciate any advice,
Many Thanks 20220502_134517.jpg 20220502_140036.jpg 20220502_181334.jpg

Sponsored Links
It seems likely the brown and black are two lines, one will connect to supply side of PIR and other to output side of PIR so you can select if PIR controlled or not.

Some PIR's (sensors) can have a supply to output, others can't, so need to read instructions, grey is clearly neutral and green/yellow earth, although I can see the class II mark so likely does not need an earth.

Centre picture does seem to show wires to light and PIR but can't trace from picture.

I am not an expert but if i was doing it, assuming its like for like, then live into live ( brown into red/brown), switched live into switched live (black sleeved brown into black) and neutral into neutral (grey sleeved blue into black). Green/yellow are earth. But unless the experts turn up you should get an electrician in if you are uncertain.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back