ADVICE PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having worked in the game for 20 plus years and having no formal quals wondered if i should do the domestic installer course would this take care of the testing aspect of things to no sarcasm please advice sought i am in my 40s n dont fancy long stints at college besides i dont have time

Sponsored Links
For testing you need C&G2391. I did see a similar post a while back giving similar advice.

Mr RF, you spend far to much time in here.... :LOL: well spotted :LOL:

Sponsored Links
For testing you need C&G2391. I did see a similar post a while back giving similar advice.

No you don't, Inspection, Testing and Certification of electrical installations is part an parcel of complying with BS7671.
To comply with the likes of the EAWR you need to be competent, having the C&G2391 can go towards showing competence.
In the field of domestic installers, you need to look at all of the schemes providing self certification and see what they require to join.
I know some electricians who do Inspection, testing and certification who do not have the C&G2391.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back