Advice re loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking to convert my loft area. I did get a few quotes from companies who could do the full loft to bedroom conversion, but can't really afford to pay fee.

I have a friends who are in the trade, joiner and electrician and they have offered their time, so that will reduce costs for me, but I'm not sure where to start.

I've contacted my local authority who advised submitted a building warrant application and if ok, commencing work.

My friend stays in the same style (manufacturer) house as me, apart from he has converted his loft to a floored and lined attaic, but uses to store bedroom furniture :)

He lives in a semi detached and I live in a mid-terraced property. He has given me his drawings, but not sure if I would be allowed to alter them.

My intention is to convert and use as a full-time bedroom, is it posible to do in stages to help with cost, thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back