Advice whit spot lights!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.I'm just about to install some spot lights in my kitchen and i am wondering if you guys have any idea regarding what kind of spot lights should i use in order to make sure my wooden beams wont go up in flames.I've heard that the lights produce allot of heat and there is the risk of fire.what sort of gap should i leave between the spot light and the wooden beam?
any advice would be welcomed.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Spotlights are used to identify Heinkel bombers in teh sky.

I assume that you must mean some form of recessed lighting, a downlight perhaps?

The manufacturers provide information will detail the min distance from the lamp to a flammable surface, they also detail the minimum clearance to the sides and above the fitting.
Also the max wattage lamp that can be used on flammable surfaces.

The above info is different for each fitting and lamp type. Some lamps throw the heat forwards, some backwards. Some dont give out much at all - so its impossible to give a blanket detail.

Personally I think that halogen downlights should be outlawed. They are the most inefficient form of lighting for domestic installations and should have been left doing where they were designed for - car headlamps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back