AEG B2100-4-M Oven problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have the above oven, recently I've replaced both the element and the fan but now the fan is randomly cutting out.

This seems to be once the oven has been on for a while and when it does stop the heating LED goes out as well which indicates the oven is up to temperature.

I've tried Turing the temperature dial and can hear it clicking which makes me think the stat is working ok but I'm getting the impression there is either another stat?

It's currently stopped at the moment and it looks like the element has stopped as well so the oven got to temperature, something cut out and is now cooling, any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I left the oven on after it had cut out and after it cooled it came back on, I've ordered a thermal cut out to see if that resolves it.

Any other suggestions welcome

Sponsored Links
That's the one,cable tied to the wiring harness behind the control panel, it triggers the cooling fan or not in your case then an overheat situation occurs shutting the oven down via a fixed temp. stat. until it cools down.

Last edited:
Perfect, thanks.

I'll look for a YouTube video on it before trying to locate it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back