AEG L16810 Drier not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My drier will not heat up, I have tested the heating element and it is not faulty. On the exhaust part there are 3 sensors, looking from the front of the machine the first one is on the top near the front and has 2 orange wires going to it and I have tested it and it's open circuit - is that faulty ?.

The second one I think is the temperature regulator on the side of the exhaust section and tests ok. The third is the thermostat with a reset button and tests ok too.

The front sensor that I tested being open circuit, what does it do?, if it's a cut out switch, can I join the wires together temporarily to see if this cures the problem and then I'll know to replace it.

Sponsored Links
check fan
check pcb
check the dryer assembly is clear too

your test will eliminate that last switch too but don't run it too long

Is the front one a thermostat or a thermistor

some have a PTC/NTC which should be tested with a high range Ohm meter not just a continuity check

the resistance varies depending on the temperature (as an example 37K ohm at 20 degrees C and 20K ohm at 50 degrees C)

If it is check on high range and hold the sensor in your hand, the resisitance should change as your hand heats it up

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back