AEG OKO-Lavamat 74640Update sits there buzzing/whirring...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own an AEG OKO-Lavamat 74640Update washing machine which has started malfunctioning.

When I press the "Start/Pause" button to start a washing program (or rinse, or drain), it seems like it is going to start, quiet whirring/buzzing sounds are heard (although the drum never starts turning), but after 10 seconds or so, the green "Door" light turns off and the "Start/Pause" starts blinking - no error codes are displayed. I then have to wait a couple of minutes for the door lock to release (or just turn the dial to "Off" and back again, which will also cause the door lock to release).

This has happened after I had to move the machine in and out of it space to fit vinyl flooring.

We are really going to struggle to find yet more cash to replace or fix this.. any ideas/tips?

Jim

Sponsored Links
check the filter for a blockage then the motor brushes for wear.

Rocks,

Thanks for the quick response. I've removed and cleaned filter at the bottom of the machine, though it wasn't blocked and the problem persists.

As for the brushes, whilst the drum has some play, it really doesn't feel any more than before - there is also no grinding or knocking when I rotate/bounce the drum. Is this the only way to check the brushes?

Jim

the brushes are on the side of the motor ,wot u are doing is checking the drum bearings and suspension .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back