AEG washer/dryer dryer not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The dryer on my AEG washer/dryer is working but today did not heat up.

Can anyone help please?

mygoose

Sponsored Links
Post the model details (including PNC number). You will find them on a sticker in the door opening.

Post the model details (including PNC number). You will find them on a sticker in the door opening.

Thanks.

The markings on the door are

MOD L 12830
Type P 6347488
Prod No: 91460111800

Do you have a multimeter?
Check the thermostats. Pull the plug & remove the lid, there are two thermostats on the LH side of the heater box (one is resettable). Check if either is O/C. You can reset the one with a red button. If a thermostat has tripped the heater box or fan housing may be clogged by lint. The condenser could also be partially blocked. Check the dryer fan rotates freely & the belt is in place.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

I don't have a multimeter but think it's a bit above me.

I will try and have a look in the top as you suggest.

The water is heating up OK only the dryer that isn't.

How would I know if it is clogged up?

It should not be clogged up as although it is about 4 years old it is in new condition and the dryer rarely used.

mygoose

There are two heaters, one for the washer & one for the dryer. The dryer heater is mounted in an aluminum box directly under the lid. The water heater is mounted in the bottom of the drum. Once the lid is off you will see the heater box with two thermostats on the left + NTC probe at the front. The fan assembly is towards the rear of the box. The most common problem is that the resettable thermostat trips because of a clogged heater box, fan housing, defective fan, blocked condenser etc. There are other causes of dryer no-heat, including bad contacts, broken wires, NTC failure, or a faulty pcb. Washer/dryers were a great idea on paper, in reality they are all plagued by problems with the dryer sooner or later. If you feel further investigation is beyond your DIY skills perhaps you should call qualified assistance. Remember to pull the plug before taking off the lid....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back