Air Admittance Vent fitted to the top of WC Connector ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have close coupled WC which is connected directly to the 110mm drainage pipe outside. It is not vented.

There is a wash hand basin connected via a 40mm pipe to a boss connector which is directly below the outlet from the WC.

The distance from the wash hand basin to the WC is less than 2m. The trap under the wash hand basin is a decorative chrome bottle trap which does not have an anti syphon valve.

When the WC is flushed a strange noise comes from the wash hand basin, which is caused, I believe, by the trap being pulled.

I have found that you can purchase a 1 1/4" air admittance valve ( from either Polypipe and / or McAlpline ) plus a WC connector which has an 1 1/4" boss on the top of the WC connector.

I was planning to fit one of these type of WC Connectors complete with an air admittance valve.

Will this help to solve the problem ?

I take it that there is no risk of solids becoming trapped in the base of the valve ?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Seco

All of the 110mm drain pipe branch is completely below the outlet from the WC and is also well under the ground.

The mains drain itself is open to the atmosphere.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back