Air Con experts please! Please give me a clue on which unit!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear revolutionaries.

Every year I'm tempted to buy a small portable aircon unit...for about a week until it starts raining again.

This year my two year old daughter is waking up every hour in a room thats currently 26C that we just cant get cooler even leaving windows open and putting ice cubes on strings hung from the curtains. She is not a happy camper!

I was looking on the net (natch) and they look to be around £200 whne on offer... which they all appear to be. Room is 3.4 X 3.3 X 2.4 m (2Mn cubed) and floor area of 12 m squared.... so..... ..... 7000 BTU?. One window and is SW facing but we keep the blinds drawn the day to keep the sun out and would only use the unit at night.

It needs to be quiet, thermostat controlled and probably on a timer so it doesn't come on in the day. Also I dont want to fit a permanant unit as we are knocking the room out in an extension in year...hopefully.

Any recommendations? I want to buy online if possible.

Any help welcome!

Scotster.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back