Air conditioner thermal efficiency

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm considering buying a portable a/c unit. I have done the calculations and reckon I need a 12,000 BTU unit (which is also called a 1-ton unit).

But, nowhere seems to be listing what the power draw of such a unit is! I understand that it will vary depending on humidity, air temperature and temperature drop required, and I know that the unit I am looking at runs from a 13A plug.

So, does anyone have any anecdotal information about the energy requirements of an air conditioner?

Sponsored Links
Air Conditioner - 12000 BTU Review in Air Conditioning at Review ...www.airconditionershack.co.uk. Cheap Mobile Twin Pipe Air Conditioner with ... 12000 Btu/h (1350W), Approximate running cost is 12p per hour, 12 hour timer.

Ah, well found that man!

I had googled but with little fortune, thanks for that.

Adam, You are welcome.
It is unlike you to miss out when searching, I always look at you as the man that if he dosnt, will eventually.

Sponsored Links
I'll blame it on the heat and the fact I don't have an airconditioner :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back