Air lock in central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I`ve drained the radiators Sludge was in them . I`ve refilled the system. But the radiators aren`t getting warm. I`ve been round & bled them Water is coming out but no air. What can I do now. Apart from starting again.? :oops:

Sponsored Links
are there any inline bleed valves in the loft or near the boiler etc

I can`t see any in the loft.There is what appears to be one nr the pump But it is a big nozzle bigger than the ones on the radiators.

thats an auto bleed valve it shouldnt need touching.

what happens when you turn the system on do any pipes get hot, have you got hot water

Sponsored Links
When I put the water only that gets hot. But when I set to water & heating the heating isn`t working. I got quite a bit of air from an upstairs radiator this morn. But just water coming out since then from them all. I think it`s the pump (in the airing cupboard,) that is quite warm.

I had to get a plumber in. I didn`t get any answers to my question. It was air in the pump

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back