Air Lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Can someone please help me, I have a problem with my boiler system that re-occurs each time I change a radiator.

Boiler: Back-boiler
Make: Glow warm
Manufacturer: Potterson
Model: Majoca

Problem:

I replaced a radiator in the bathroom and this problem occured. Basically the upstairs raditors fill with water and heat up. Unfortunately the downstairs raditors are not heating up, even though they are filled with water. Any ideas how I can get ride of this air lock....please help. I've kept the boiler running over night, but the problem persists.

I'd much appreciate any advice resolving this matter.

Thanks,

Panch

Sponsored Links
The pump is working, the raditors upstarirs are heating very well its just the rad's downstairs that aren't heating..

are you sure the pump is working the upstairs rads will heat by parasitic curculation

failling that turn the pump up to full speed and close the rads that are working

try and push the air out

Sponsored Links
Tried that one as well, turned the pump on full blast and the air's still not coming out. Any other ideas...

Try it with all rads off bar one that doesn't work. Where is the pump, upstairs or downstairs next to the boiler?

The pump is next to the boiler that situated downstairs.

We've also tried turning all but one rad off but the flippen problems continues and its getting cold in the UK....errhhhhh

Panch said:
The pump is next to the boiler that situated downstairs.

We've also tried turning all but one rad off but the flippen problems continues and its getting cold in the UK....errhhhhh

that is terrible ive just had to turn the air con on its hitting 90 over here :LOL:

milb3c wrote:

that is terrible ive just had to turn the air con on its hitting 90 over here

You jammy git!!!! But what I can do to resolve my problem??

might sound silly but are you sure you only have one pump ive been caught like that before

took me 3 hrs to find the git ;)

Yeap, we definately only have a single pump, I asked my Dad to check everything as well but still no joy...the air lock stuff is a pain in the eye :mad:

Have you tried bleeding the pump?

I assume that the downstairs rads pipes go under the floor from the pump instead of on drops?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back