Air locks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen on another forum you can use a washing machine hose on the hot and cold connections to get rid of air locks,can this be used on any system combi ,vented or unvented?

Sponsored Links
No only on open vented.
Idea being that mains water pressure is higher than tank so backfilling hotwater system from bottom removes air locks.
You cant really get airlocks on pressurised systems be they combis or unvented.
This is assuming your talking hot water here and not heating which is of course a different matter!

Thanks,If you were working on an unvented system you cannot get air into the system?if you could how would you remove the air lock. If you had air in your central heating you would just bleed the rads in a vented or un vented system?

Thanks,If you were working on an unvented system you cannot get air into the system?if you could how would you remove the air lock. If you had air in your central heating you would just bleed the rads in a vented or un vented system?
what sort of question is that?
If you cant get something in why would anyone know how to get it out? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

Sorry, i dont quite understand what youre saying, what system do you have?

must say i have to agree that what you are saying makes no sense

usually you install your unvented hot water cylinder, turn or the water, open a tap and let the air out until the water runs.

never get an air lock on mains fed stuff

well if he means hot water he has taps

if he means heating then he has rads

surely??

unless he has installed a hot water system with no outlets and a heating system with no rads?

I have a vented system ,but my father has a unvented system,so as i am not an expert plumber i was wondering if he had an air lock in his system if he could use the washing machine supply method for removing a air lock ,but i gather that it is not possible to get an airlock in a unvented system?thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back