airlocking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've read through some of the posts and I am still unsure what the issue is.

I have a hot water tank, cold storage in the loft and Worcester boiler. I've drained the central heating to move to rads which were badly placed.

I've done this and refilled the system. However when the hot water turns on for the boiler I hear lots of bubbling around the hot water tank. The boiler also sounds like water is bubbling through it. I've bleed all the rads and turned on the heating which works fine. Its just the hot water which seems to be playing up. It is all heated nicely but very noisy.

I've read about connecting the cold to the hot top and running for a few seconds.

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Connecting hotto cold wont help, the airlock is in or around the coil on the HW tank. Are there any bleed points in the airing cupboard? Common to see an upstand of pipe near the top connection to the coil.

I do have a bleed nipple which I release air from. I do release air but it still bubbles around.

The pump gets really warm as well.

IME bleeding a system can be a reiterative process, taking several 'laps' to get most of the air out.

The frequency of the need for further bleeding should decrease as you work towards clearing the last of the trapped air pockets, something like the next day, then the next week, the next month etc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back