alarm not setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

New to this so please be kind ;) I have a Veratas 8 compact fitted to the house for the past 11 years and had no trouble until now. The alarm worked ok apart from the strobe not flashing. I fitted a new bell box and replaced the main battery. Now when I attempt to set the alarm everything goes according to plan up to the point of the alarm setting. Instead of setting and flashing the strobe to let me know that it has set it activates the alarm right after the 30 second countdown. The bell box is wired as per instructions (bell box is a texecom odyssey 4e) and the led's flash left and right slowly to let me know that it is normal operation. The bell box is the only thing that has been disconnected and reconnected (in SAB )
Is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

thanks,

Sponsored Links
wow that was quick, thanks Alarm for the quick reply. when you say swap the bell and strobe triggers around do you mean the blue wire for the bell and the green wire for the strobe at the bell box? just swap them over?
thanks,

Yes, you have got the triggers the wrong way around from the sound of things.
You could swap at the panel. Save getting the ladders out.

Makes it easy to test too. Take both out and put the strobe onto a hard negative then go outside and check it is flashing, then put that into the strobe output. Then just touch the bell trigger to the same hard negative and it should ring, put that into the bell output.

Job done.

There is mains electricity within the panel, isolate before undertaking work.

Sponsored Links
Don't do the above with a Pyronix Belle - it'll fook it up. Dunno why - but I did it twice with the same result.

Thanks for the replys guys.
Well Alarm was right wires the wrong way round (but not at my end :) ) I had the bell box wired correctly it was only when I checked at the control panel that I found the cause??? seems the engineer had his own way of wiring things. When I checked the installation manual I found 3 wires in the wrong location? but things are running fine now.

cheers,

Rather not, I wire it up correctly in the first place.

Again you resort to insults when proven incorrect.

SAD

You only pop up here to hurl insults.
Or add to solved issues.

Gloating Troll :arrow:

Why don't you contact Pyronix? Better still - try it. I did it twice and on both occasions the sounder stopped working. Like I said - if you haven't tried it - how do you know?

Like I said, I have never wired it incorrectly.

Please note, I did not have to resort to insults to make my point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back