Alpha CB24 hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry - new user and didn't realise I couldn't add to an original post so have reported here

My plumber has given up and told me I should call out the Alpha engineer at a one off cost of £300. My problem is intermittent hot water, no problem with CH. if I override and switch the CH on, I get hot water, although not as hot as when the hot water works without the CH on, which it does occasionally.

The most consistent tap is the bathroom, which is closest to the boiler. Those furthest away, kitchen and utility rarely work.

My plumber has changed diaphragm valve unit and pressure switch.

Is now suggesting PCB but really has not got a clue

Any engineer in Chippenham able to help - please!!??

Many thanks

Bazzeruk

Sponsored Links
By intermittent, do you mean it gets hot, goes cold, gets hot etc, or do you mean sometimes it fires for HW and sometimes it doesn't.

Sponsored Links
By intermittent, do you mean it gets hot, goes cold, gets hot etc, or do you mean sometimes it fires for HW and sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes fires up, sometimes not. Not always on the same tap, either

British Gas came today.

Took the engineer 5 minutes to sort out the problem (hot water pressure switch)

I paid my plumber over £300 for previous attempts - still have an outstanding invoice from last attempt of £120, which I will not be paying.

He suggested I get an engineer from alpha - one off visit at nearly £300.

British Gas charged £99 - have taken out a contract with them - bye bye local guy.

That sounds like the hhot wattttteeeer demad switch which you say your local nupty had already changed.

I don't understand how nupties can charge £300 when they cannot fix a boiler knowing that Alpha will do it for £300.

In my local area I charge a fixed £84 and only parts are extra but I only charge for the part needed to complete the repair. That means I have to diagnose it right first time.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back